Status changed: Draft to Pending.
AZURE SET-UP – CONVERSION FROM EXISTING SYSTEM
QUARTERLY HOUR INCREMENTS
– 12/4/2021 – 1 hr Friday (call and lite research to answer their questions)
– 12/5/2021 – 1 hr Saturday (Setup subscription and investigate migration tools to minimize downtime)
– 12/6/2021 – 2 hr Monday evening (SQL .net 4.8 framework install for DMA install, Reboot required, convo w/ Hosier – no go. Research on how to get data in using ancillary methods)
– 12/7/2021 – on it @ 4pm (convo w/ Hosier RE SQL features – no response to chat. Also informed him of the requirement to move sql data using DMA which requires reboot of sql server. Deployed and configured ubiquiti controller. Everything looked good after backup, so updated DNS to new record) done at 7pm
– 12/8/2021 – on it @ 5pm. Analysis of TSS VM’s to properly size Azure VMs. Stood up SQL Server on VM and Web Server with 4TB Standard HD. Installed roles and features as well as updates on both servers. Hosier stated he would use veeam to start the restore tomorrow. done @ 10PM
– 12/9/2021 – on it @ 1pm- worked w/ Hosier to get restore going on Azure VMs. Installed web deploy util on web servers and got the IIS settings migrated. Entered follow up items. Done @ 715pm
– 12/14/2021 – Call in the evening to organize, email sent to rajesh around 2AM before going to bed
– 12/15/2021 – Go2Meeting for issue w/ webserver file missing. Stood up new server to get a fresh go at configuring IIS. Issue w/ channel failure seemed to be related to SSL certificate.
– 12/17/2021 – on it @ 230pm Tested file xfer before go time. done @8pm
– 12/19/2021 – on it 11:30PM for migration time! – done @ 530AM
– 12/21/2021 – 1 hr touchbase / review performance data
– 12/22/2021 – some emails back and forth, 1 hr research on backup to network drive for SQL